Most of us have experienced the loss of a loved one; a mom, dad, grandparents, aunt or uncle, a sibling a dear friend or even a pet.
Losing them can be devastating and heartbreaking. But, when you lose your child, the grieving process can be very different.
I personally have lost my parents, a sister who was very close to me and many other family members. I was with both my parents and my sister until they took their last breath.
The peace I felt when they passed, I knew they were ready to leave the earth plane and go to a better place to be with other family members and their Creator.
I speak from a spiritual point of view, also from experience when I say
grieving the loss of a child, the process is not the same
I lost my beautiful daughter Chantal on July 22, 2012 at the age of 29.
As a spiritualist minister, on a spiritual path I understand what our purpose in life is and why we choose to come to earth.
- We come here to experience life for God.
- To learn life lessons.
- Each person in our lives we have come into contact with is for a certain reason.
- We made an agreement to co-create our experiences together.
- To learn a lesson from each person and each event that occurred in our lives, whether they were happy or unpleasant moments.
The 29 years I had with my daughter has made me aware of all those lessons and experiences.
My daughter showed me strength, courage, patience, love and compassion for others.
She touched the hearts of many people and this was how she lived her life.
To help you have a better understanding of what my daughter experienced in her lifetime.
- Chantal was born 2 months premature weighing 3lbs. 3oz.
- At the age of 4 she was diagnosed with a neuroblastoma, a malignant tumor on her spine.
- Underwent 30 days of radiation and 1 1/2 years on chemotherapy. Overcame the disease.
- At the age of 10, one of the chemo drugs damaged part of her heart which put her in Congestive Heart Failure and was then put on heart medication . She had a wonderful 15 years of living her life to the fullest without any health issues other than what she already had.
- In 2008 at the age of 25 while vacationing in Jamaica, she suffered a stroke and had to be airlifted back home. Doing healings on my daughter and her strong will she recovered from her stroke and was out of the hospital 3 weeks after the stroke.
- In 2011 she started having difficulty breathing and retained fluid due to a leaky bicuspid valve.
- March of 2012, she had major surgery and had the valve replaced with a mechanical one. Because the valve was located in a damaged part of the heart her quality of life for the next 3 months was not any better.
- July 15, 2012 my daughter agreed to undergo another major surgery and received a new heart. She only had the heart for one week, there were many complications.
- July 22, 2012 my daughter decided she had enough and decided it was time for her soul to leave.
The reason I am telling you about her health history is to help you understand my daughter’s courage and her strong will to live.
Chantal was always supportive of what I do, she would allow me to do healings and readings on her.
Before her first surgery she came home and asked me why she came down to earth with all these illnesses.
I told her I would do a past life reading on her and see if we could get an answer.
When you do a past life reading on someone, it not only shows me who they were in that lifetime, but what character traits they carried over into this lifetime.
One past life that she lived
- She was a 7 year old boy who had the tremendous power to heal everyone.
- People would come from all over to get a healing from this boy, his name was Joshua.
- He would simply lay his hands on the person and they would be healed.
- With the help of spirit I was able to tell her that she came back into this lifetime to experience the pain that some of the people Joshua healed felt in that lifetime.
- The love and compassion that he felt for the sick was what my daughter carried over in this lifetime and that is who she was.
- Only this time she felt the pain and had the illnesses.
- This is why we come to earth to experience differently in each lifetime.
- My daughter understood that and was content with the explanation I was able to bring forward from her past life and from spirit.
My loving daughter has come to me and my husband several times since her passing, knowing that has helped us in our time of mourning.
I still have my moments, they don’t last long but I allow them to happen.
I understand why she chose to leave and I know that her purpose here in life was over and I am ok with it.
She is much happier now, no longer suffering and safe with God and the Angels.
Your loved ones come to you and help guide you, all you have to do is be open to receive their signs.
I certainly hope that reading this blog has helped you get a better understanding in grieving the loss of a child and why they choose to leave.
Know that you were a part of the experience and that you helped their soul fulfill its purpose.
1. Does this blog help you to understand why our child is taken from us?
2. Does the loss of your child bring on anxiety?